Working as part of the Portfolio Management team, this is a role which will involve assisting the Portfolio Manager in managing a private real estate fund.
The key objective of this role will be to contribute to the delivery of maximizing risk-adjusted investment returns for the business. The successful candidate will possess superior analytical skills, commercial acumen and a high level of strategic thinking capacity. In addition, he or she is expected to have strong analytical and written (as well as verbal) presentation skills.
- At the portfolio level, he/she will assist to develop and execute portfolio strategy, business plan, and budget under the funds mandate; actively monitor fund liquidity, control fund expenses, and maximize investor distributions and returns.
- Involved in 3rd party private capital raising including preparation of marketing materials, addressing investor due diligence questions, negotiations, and fund documentation process.
- Assist to develop and maintain critical relationships with existing and potential investors
- Involved in investment management business including investment performance monitoring and analysis, investor reporting, governance and returns bench marking.
- Participate in investment and asset management process including evaluation and underwriting of the potential acquisitions and divestment opportunities by giving the portfolio perspectives.
- Contribute to firm's investment management strategy through research and market intelligence, including keeping current on competitive and regulatory landscape and best practices.
- Masters / Degree in Real Estate / Finance / Business Administration from leading university
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with real estate funds in investment or asset management role with board knowledge and extensive networks in the real estate investment sectors for the Asia Pacific region.
- Possess sharp analytical, research, problem solving skills and communication skills.
- Have demonstrated ability to lead and negotiate transactions. Proven track record in dealing with international institutional investors will be viewed favorably.
- A self-motivated team player who is meticulous, detailed oriented, organized and able to learn quickly, independently with strong analytical skills;
- Proficient with financial modelling, market and industry research in real estate or other private equity assets;
- A strong communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to interact well with different functions and levels.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-pace dynamic environment