1. To act as a senior advisor in relation to school organisation and place planning matters, taking a portfolio lead in one or more of the following: Establishment of new schools; New urban housing development; School Capacity (SCAP) data management; School/Academy organisational change e.g. age range changes.
2. Strategically plan and develop appropriate systems to ensure the effective management of school, SEND and alternative provision place planning, including the modelling of pupil number projections, in all localities across the Borough. Ensure relevant data is reported on an annual basis as required by the DfE.
3. Lead on school organisation, managing consultations and statutory proposals for school organisation changes, supporting the Primary Review and Place Planning Groups and advising on academy conversions and other school organisation issues.
4. Lead on statutory processes for school admissions changes including managing consultations and statutory notices, developing and establishing new polices, monitoring their impact and ensuring compliance with the DfE School Admissions and Appeals Codes.
5. Monitor and report on the provision of school places to the Service Head (Pupil Access and School Sufficiency)
6. Ensure that services provided are delivered in an effective and efficient manner to enable the local authority to meet its statutory obligations for school place planning.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.