Under the direct supervision of the Manager, the Technologist, Radiology is responsible for assisting the Radiologist in performing a variety of technical procedures by determining proper amount of ionizing radiation to use.
- Adjusts and controls complex electronic equipment in applying ionizing radiation for radiographic, fluoroscopic and surgical examinations.
- Prepares and positions patients prior to procedures to ensure their safety and to obtain desired reports for diagnostic purposes.
- Calculates and selects appropriate equipment and technical factors such as proper type of film and amount of kilovolts or milliamperes. Follows radiation protection procedures.
- Maintains working condition of all equipment and reports any malfunctions or needs for adjustments to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining sanitary condition of the department.
- Instructs various staff about techniques and procedures relating to radiology as requested, including Radiation Safety.
- Researches lab values and injects contrast under direction of Radiologist.
- Complies with all Radiology Information System and PACS entry requirements for accurate patient, film, and supply tracking monitors.
- Properly evaluates requisitions and prescriptions including identifying patient and procedure to be performed.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Assists and supports the Radiologic student program, specifically the clinical aspect. Provides supervision and feedback to students as they perform procedures. Reviews images with students on request and provides quarterly evaluations of students to clinical instructions for formal reviews.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of radiologic technology program from approved school.
- Current license by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Certification by the State of Ohio as a Radiologic Technologist. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Ability to travel site-to-site as required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required