TEACHING ASSISTANT NEEDED FOR SEPETMBER
Full or Part-time
A small, vibrant and energising Secondary School in Chichester are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of the students. This is an exciting opportunity to join an OFSTED rated 'Good' school with a strong academy community.
The successful candidate will be required to support pupils with educational needs. This may be one-to-one, small group work or whole class support. This is a busy role requiring a patient but assertive manner and the ability to deal with a range of situations.
We want to hear from applicants with any level of experience although previous experience of working with students aged 11-16 would be an advantage.
This role could be suitable for a graduate with an interest in pursuing a career in teaching or learning support. This is a brilliant opportunity to gain experience at the heart of the classroom whilst being able to build a rapport with the students and develop your behaviour management skills.
What will the role involve?
- Working alongside the class teacher to ensure all students, including those with complex conditions, are able to access lesson resources
- Work with individual students with special educational needs and/or with students for whom English is not their first language.
- Supporting students emotional and social well-being, reporting any problems to the teacher
- Building positive relationships with students
- Maintaining good classroom behaviour and minimising disruptions
- Ensuring that students are engaged in the class and keep on track with work
- Providing 1:1 and group intervention support
- Maintaining the appearance of display boards, to ensure that classrooms around school are creative, bright and engaging
What are we looking for?
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team within the classroom, ensuring the children are looked after and learning from the content delivered
- Experience supporting children with autism and/or associated learning difficulties
- Understanding of the social, emotional, and academic needs of those with ASD
- Commitment to the building and maintaining positive relationships
- A warm and friendly positive approach in the classroom
- Be caring, patient and understanding
To be considered for the role, you must have the following:
- GCSE English and Maths A-C or equivalent
- Experience working with children or young people
- An interest in making a positive contribution to school life
- Have enhanced DBS on update service, or willing to put in place
Why work with Teaching Personnel?
- You will have your own personal recruitment consultant who will always be on hand to answer any questions that you have.
- Access to our CPD training academy which offers multiple courses on safeguarding, understanding autism and team teach just to name a few which are either free or offered for a heavily discounted rate.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme of £50 per person!
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly pay.
- Control of your diary and availability to work.
To register with Teaching Personnel and apply for the above role click the apply now link to submit your CV along with your covering letter.