Overview / Responsibilities Senior Mechanical Engineer - Static Equipment, Stockton Based
Wood requires a Senior Mechanical Engineer with Static Equipment expertise to provide services within our Process & Energy Division across various project scopes, based in our new Stockton design office.
Applications will be considered for both staff permanent and a 12 month contractor position, this will be determined at interview stage. The projects are UK based including restarting UK gas storage via offshore assets, onshore petrochemical plant modifications and minor chemical plant modifications.
Due to the nature of the projects the opportunity will support hybrid working alongside a requirement of 3 days per week within our new project office. If required, the appointed Engineer will be expected to attend client site visits.
The projects include FEED, Detailed Design and EPC phases with long-lead item enquiry and procurement activities.
To be considered for the opportunity requires experience with a wide range of Static equipment and Materials knowledge. Equipment includes shell and tube heat exchangers, pressure vessels and other mechanical equipment packages. Main responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
Skills / Qualifications
- Management of workload and budgets, responding to client requirements as they arise
- Prepare material requisitions for the defined package equipment
- Issue material requisitions to the Procurement Department for enquiry, order placement and for any subsequent revisions
- Provide technical support to Engineering studies such as design reviews, HAZOP, SIL, and Constructability reviews
- Review Supplier's quotations, prepare technical quotation evaluation
- Manage project documentation effectively, ensuring all disciplines are kept well informed
- Recommend the final technically acceptable Vendor in conjunction with commercial quotation evaluation
- Provide assistance for inspection and witnessing of tests of major equipment as required
- Positively engage with suppliers to enable rapid design development, efficient problem solving and clear communication with the Wood engineering team.
- Coordinate interdisciplinary review of supplier documentation, consolidate comments and return these to the supplier after resolving any conflicts.
- Correspond with Suppliers on technical matters and ensure that timely action is taken where necessary to maintain quality, cost and schedule agreements.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline; chartered status is also preferable.
- Knowledge of specialist software such as Finglow/ PV Elite would be beneficial.
- Experience in a wide range of Static Equipment or relevant packaged equipment.
- Flexible attitude, with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of Vendor co-ordination meetings.
- Experience in supporting engineering design reviews.
- Computer literate with common software packages including Microsoft Office.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.