Halliburton is one of the pioneers in Formation Evaluation and has participated in the development of the Norwegian continental shelf hydrocarbon resources since the first test well in 1966.
In line with our geoscience organization strategy, we are looking for an experienced manager for our Geoscience & Production department based in Stavanger, Norway.
We are looking for a motivated person to take on this challenge where the ability to effectively communicate and facilitate technical dialogue is a key requirement, a recognized industry expert with a proven track record in technical engagement, training, coaching, mentoring and generating technical solutions & publications. Job description:
This position requires daily customer interface and organizing resources in an ever-changing environment where work time may be split between the customer office and the Halliburton facility.
Exploits expertise and experience in hydrocarbon exploration, development and production and pursues innovative approaches; understands how domain data has been acquired and creates and uses cross-discipline workflows to implement best-practice approaches by having a clear understanding of customer's value drivers, and technical challenges.
The main tasks are:
- Accountable for the use of best practice work processes, project, quality and account management.
- Actively supports a team with members who have various levels of competence in the relevant technical domains.
- Capable of leading and coaching 2 to 10+ employees at various levels of competence.
- Effectively exploits a network of professional contacts and typically contributes to and leads 2 or 3 multi-disciplinary projects simultaneously.
- Recognizes and exploits the talents of staff and demonstrates commitment to their competencies and career development.
- Establishing and maintaining the technical standards within the discipline, assessing performance of subordinates, and developing competence of his/her respective workforce.
- Sets strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting.
- The role is accountable to ensure acquisition of quality petrophysical data & measurements, analysis and interpretation of all relevant information sources, validation of the acquired data, correct presentation of logs & digital data.
- Identify internal case studies, external success stories. Generate technical publications and participate in industry societies to grow mind share. Mentor team members in the creation of technical publications.
- Competitive pension and insurance scheme
- Company health service
- Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
- Focus on technology and further development
- Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
- 5+ years field Experience, as LWD or wireline engineer or geologist
- 10+ years as a Geoscientist or an equivalent customer facing position where being deployed "in-house" will be an advantage
- Geoscience management experience in a broad amount of projects/clients
- Strong Technical knowledge
- Preferably Master (MSc) or minimum Bachelor degree (BSc) in Petroleum Engineering, Geology, Science or other relevant fields
- Fluency in English verbally and written required, beneficial with a Norwegian language
- Excellent communication skills
- Solution oriented, adaptable, and flexible to move within Norway
Candidates that are team oriented, collaborative and exhibit good communication and leadership skills will be preferred. We seek a person who can work independently and have a drive to seek results for the team and client, proactive and self-driven will be preferred. You will need to work in a structured manner and the position requires that you champion the Company's HSE and SQ procedures. Location:
Stavanger, Norway Product Service Line:
Wireline & Production Sperry Drilling Project Management
Full time Contact Persons:
Hiring Manager: Rune Hobberstad:
Recruiter: Kathrine Lohne Keane () Deadline:
30th of September 2022