Do you have 2nd Line support experience? Do you have Windows Server and SQL Server Database Administration experience with supporting applications?
My clients IT Service team supports over 350 clients, adopting and managing modern platforms of technology and new ways of working. They are dedicated to empowering brilliant people to do amazing things. Their client-centric approach calls for innovative people, with a passion for continual improvement as well as front line support to our customers. They are currently looking for a Senior IT Support Analyst to join atthemthis exciting time.
They are looking for a committed and motivated person to work as part of their team to help them deliver a high-quality IT service to their organisation, ensuring Origin's services meet business needs and strategic objectives. They are looking for someone who has a keenness to share ideas and knowledge to support and develop other members of the IT team. Flexibility is appreciated as you will be called upon to work at several sites and outside of core business hours from time to time.
The role will be varied and provide a fantastic opportunity to develop both technical and soft skills, with exposure to a variety of enterprise technologies.
The role will provide applicants to take ownership of specific projects, provide 2nd line support, server support and systems support to end users and manage the configuration, development, and monitoring of business systems. This role calls for a high degree of problem solving and innovation while delivering great customer service. If you are a practical thinker and thrive on delivering results, you will be able to plan and prioritise work. We will help you develop with regular training as we are a supportive team who values your professional development.
Role & Responsibilities
- Point of escalation for incidents from the Service Desk for incident and problem management, identifying issues and finding ways to resolve and improve service.
- Lead on the administration and monitoring of Origin's Microsoft 365 environment utilising the tools available for Office, SharePoint, Teams etc to ensure optimisation of use and security.
- Mobile Device Management - Thin Clients, laptops and mobile phones
- Take the lead in testing and document approved system upgrades using Origin change process to meet business needs in accordance with Origin's Change Management and Project Management Frameworks
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience administering and managing Microsoft 365 and Cloud Technologies e.g. SharePoint
- Experience working within an ITIL service environment and using a service desk application
- Experience administering and managing Microsoft SQL
- Experience managing a Windows environment, configuration and centralised deployment and Management
- Experience administering and managing Citrix environments
- Experience mentoring and supporting junior staff
- Experience administering business applications
- Salary up to £42,000
- Build a career, develop and get promoted; around 20% of all appointments are made internally
- A generous holiday allowance that increases with time, starting at 25 days
- The opportunity to buy or sell annual leave
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Other special leave such as sabbaticals and paid dependants leave
- Simply health - we pay for Level 1 of the Simply Cash Plan to help cover a wide range of medical check-ups, therapies and treatment. Children up to the age of 16 years are covered at no extra cost
- Possible sponsorship for further study related to your role/career development
- A pension scheme with contributions from us matched with yours, up to 8%
- Free employee advice line
- Annual Staff Conference, Team Away Days and Christmas meal allowance
- Access to hundreds of perks on the Perkbox website and app, including savings on everyday purchases such as food, drink, cinema tickets, clothing, homewares and much more
- Refer a friend bonus
- Eye care vouchers
- Long service awards