Our client is an innovative language training provider, leading the way in foreign language evening courses across the UK. We are a small, dynamic team, focusing on excellent customer service through organising language courses for individuals and groups, for clients all over the globe with diverse needs and budgets.
They are currently recruiting a Senior / Lead Developer with a high level of organizational skills to manage and build a new system consisting of a public facing learning platform and an internal administrative system.
This exciting project aims to take them from a UK focused language learning provider to a worldwide online provider, offering total flexibility of classes, courses, levels and time zones.
Working in a team of 5 core members plus external developers and website agencies, this role will drive the technical side of the project forward.
As Senior Web Developer, you will;
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Evaluate and implement of e-learning tools as per requirements of the products
- Build the front-end applications through appealing visual design (largely based on third party designs) and design user interactions on web pages.
- Ensuring that any front-end / back-end implementation is current, consistent and compliant with brand guidelines and our online presence
- Create security and data protection procedures
- Build mobile responsive design with a high Lighthouse score
- See through the project from initial stages to finished product
- Stay abreast of developments in website applications and programming languages
- Ensure that front end and back end implementation is current, consistent and complaint with brand guidelines
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Proven website builds and management experience
- Experience of delivering projects from creation to completion
- Experience with LAMP stacks
- A good understanding of designing databases
- Experience with implementing online payment systems
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills and great attention to detail
- Able to work both on your own and as part of a team
Experience which would be considered advantageous:
- Website development, maintenance and content management, Wordpress, Craft
- Knowledge of at least one framework (Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter etc)
- Familiarity with UI/UX design
- LMS systems integration
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
- Salary of £45,00 - £50,000 pa (DOE)
- A fun and friendly working environment
- Transparency, honesty and understanding
- Working from home with occasional visits to the office in central Brighton