At Van Metre
, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture, and are seeking a candidate who loves to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre Companies is seeking a Floating Senior Leasing Consultant
to join our Floating Senior Leasing Team .
Please note that this team floats across all of the properties within the North Carolina Van Metre portfolio and will require reliable transportation to get to and from the properties. Properties are located in Fayetteville, NC and Spring Lake, NC.
Our Senior Leasing Consultantstake pride in their work, recognizing the value of teamwork and ownership of their responsibilities and impact.Senior Leasing Consultants play a vital roleastheface of our communities.Our leasing team members arekey contributors to the company's success and we're here to support you in your journey with professional development, career mentorship and growth opportunities, and great benefits and perks.
AsFloating Senior Leasing Consultant
, you will be responsible forthe day-to-dayleasing operations at any of the properties in our portfolio You will have the opportunity to work with different Van Metre team members and to gain experience leasing at a variety of property classes. You will also assist with all leasing duties related to the property, including maximizing occupancy, scheduling appointments, securing rentals, and promoting resident retention. Responsibilities:
- Greet every visitor to the community with a warm welcome, making yourself available to answer questions and assistas needed
- Engageinsales activities to increase traffic andoccupancy(i.e., grassroots marketing)
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the property and its amenities, andact as a resource for current andprospective residents
- Build relationships with prospective residents by conducting phone and email follow-up, scheduling and conducting property tours, and processing rental applications
- Provide excellent customer serviceby checking in with residents, addressing concerns, and conductinglease renewals
- Monitor service requests and communicate with the service team and residents toensure concerns are resolvedquickly and adequately
- In conjunction with therest of the team, plan, organize, and conduct resident events
- Completethree exteriorcommunity inspections weekly andreportany deficiencies found(i.e., landscaping/paint needs, property damage, etc.)
- Inspectvacantapartmentsand report needed repairs to service team in orderto maintainexceptionalproduct quality
- Prepare and complete all sales administrativetasks and reports(i.e.,market surveys, etc.)
- Some additional accounting responsibilities, including:
- Auditingapplicant accountsandcrediting accounts for leasing specials
- Preparing and delivering late notices and prepaid notices
- Preparing and delivering Notice to Vacate Acknowledgments
- Processing payments on resident accounts
- Upcomingoccupancy trends to ensure readiness to fillupcomingvacancies
- C ompetitorpropertiesin orderto identifymarkettrends andimplementappropriate specials and features
- Assist with training and development of employees working at sites across the portfolio
- Assist with transitioning new property acquisitions
- Other sales, customer service, and property-related tasks, as needed
- Ability to conduct community and apartment inspections (inside and outside) in varying weather conditions
- Weekend work is required
- Bilingual preferred
- Aptitude for working with people
- Professional demeanorand attitude
- Customer service skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Sales and goal orientation
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Social media skills
- Organizational skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environments and locations
Van Metre was named one of the Top Workplaces in DC for five consecutive years
by the Washington Post!
We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award three years in a row.
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company's founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company's emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the "Van Metre" signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.