VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
Of upmost importance on all our sites and projects is the safety of our 850+ employees, our subcontractors and the communities in which we work.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies. The role
Due to organic growth, we are now looking for a Senior Bid Manager to join our infrastructure business.
The current portfolio is varied and diverse, and includes major civils projects across the UK.
The successful candidate will represent the company in the delivery of tenders, mentor others in developing their skills and knowledge in Bid Management. Key accountabilities
Skills & experience
- To deliver work winning tenders.
- To oversee and manage both internal and external bid team members ensuring their responsibilities are met correctly and to the agreed timescales.
- Look for innovation to further develop work winning opportunities.
- Maintain personal training and development.
- Proven IT and desk top publishing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience from civils and rail background.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities within demanding timescales.
- Ability to effectively delegate duties to supporting staff
- Ability to manage line managers
- Ability to continually improve the quality of work sent out by the company
- Design / Build process experience / understanding
- Risk and Value management
What we offer
- A competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including healthcare, pension etc.
- Family friendly policies in place and some scope for flexible working by negotiation.