If you are an imaginative and dynamic practitioner of Design Technology wanting to share your knowledge with the next generation? If so, we would love to hear from you?
We currently require a School Design Technology Technician for a long-term role at a secondary school in the Liverpool area. The role is full time Monday to Friday; term time plus 2 weeks. Starting asap 2022, the role will be a temporary to permanent placement for the right candidate.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment as our new food technician you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist 'School Support' consultant and a branch
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding and 'Covid Awareness'
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- access to Randstad's benefits package including discounts on holidays and high street stores
- an outstanding school to work at, with supportive staff, on-site parking and excellent staff facilities
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed school team, providing a practical service to the staff and pupils in the subject of Food Technology & Resistant materials within the DT Department. Responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring all materials and equipment, including food preparation, are ready for practical lessons and demonstrations, liaising with teaching staff for lesson planning
- Cleaning and storage of all equipment and stock, keeping areas and classrooms tidy
- Maintaining all relevant paperwork, including stocktaking and orders for new stock, ingredients, resources and equipment
- Undertaking of safety checks and routine maintenance of equipment and utensils
- Observing strict Health and Safety guidelines and keeping knowledge of this up-to-date, especially with regards to food storage and preparation
- Assisting teaching staff in the running of practical sessions for pupils, interacting with the children, and undertaking other duties as directed by the department staff
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong knowledge of the DT curriculum and a genuine interest in Food and Resistant materials gained from previous work within a school Design Technology department would be an advantage
- Proven experience of catering and food preparation; a working knowledge of food hygiene and a qualification in this area is also appropriate
- Proven experience with equipment
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
- Excellent organisation skills
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team of technicians, and a professional attitude
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. If your application is deemed to be suitable, a telephone interview would be offered immediately, documents would be checked online, and you could then be referred to the school for a direct interview process. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and UK eligibility checks, along with a full referencing process.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary, your 'School Support Services' specialist, via email on or by phone on . We look forward to hearing from you!
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN, and we now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.