We Are Hiring:
* Find your place at Ascension Saint Thomas as an RN *
Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Department: Medical Surgical-7A
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: Saint Thomas West Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time Night
About our Culture:
We are a 23-bed unit who specializes in the treatment of
- General Medical Surgical
- GI Upset
This unit is cross trained in Peritoneal Dialysis, Peri-op patients which allows for practice of many skills including: NGT, IV, foley insertions, pain management, and wound care. We strive for a 1:6 nurse to patient ratio along with our outstanding tech support. The unit has an innovation mindset to reduce the pain points in the day. We are very much in the mindset that it doesn't matter if "we have always done it that way" if we can make it better, let's move on to make it better. We work in an Interdisciplinary Team so there is daily team communication and collaboration about our patient's care.
Why Saint Thomas West:
For over one hundred years, Saint Thomas West Hospital has been devoted to physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Our mission is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and communities. Our 541 acute beds serve over 21,000 patients from across the Southeast every year. Saint Thomas West is highly regarded and has received multiple disease specific certifications:
- Advanced Comprehensive Stroke
- Advanced Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Joint Commission Total Joint Replacement (Hip and Knee)
- Joint Commission Chest Pain Certification
- The only Commission on Cancer Accredited Integrated Network Cancer Program with Commendation in Tennessee.
- Largest National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers Breast Cancer Program in Tennessee
- Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence, the highest level of recognition in the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program of the National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc.
- ADDARIO Lung Cancer Foundation Centers of Excellence
We offer EXCELLENT benefits, including FREE PARKING!
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.