** Eligibile for Relocation Bonus
Registered Nurse ARRMC (Radiation Oncology)
RN - Radiation Oncology Position Overview
FTE: 0.000001 / Status: On-Call
Schedule: Variable Days
At Asante, you are the difference. Your personal happiness and wellbeing are reflected in the personal attention and quality of care we deliver every day. Here, you will find an environment of mutual respect, camaraderie, learning and growth. A place where each voice is heard, and sound ideas are acted upon. A community in every sense, we collaborate widely across the organization to do what is best for our patients, united by a shared passion: to provide exceptional care that makes a positive impact on family, friends, neighbors and the community. For the 8th consecutive year, Asante has been named a 15 Top Health System in the nation, rated by IBM Watson Health.
Asante Radiation Oncology is an integral part of our cancer services team, combining the latest in technology with compassionate patient-centered care. Our cancer program is accredited by the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer (CoC). Radiation Oncology is a multidisciplinary team consisting of 3 Radiation Oncologists, physicist, dosimetrists, radiation therapists and specially trained RNs.
The Radiation Oncology RN at Asante will have the opportunity to:
- Provide patient care and educational counseling for patients and their families undergoing radiation therapy treatment
- Apply nursing process to plan and manage care of radiation patients
- Collaborate with radiation oncologists, medical professionals and other staff, to ensure quality of care provided
- Effectively communicate fundamental patient and family information, and variances from patient goals, to health care team
- Involve appropriate members of multidisciplinary health care team in providing treatment and continuing care of patient as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred
- 1 year Oncology, ER, ICU, Telemetry, Cath Lab, or Endo experience, preferred
- Mosaig EMR proficiency, preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing. Will consider candidates with RN licensure from out of state - but Oregon license is required by start date
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) is required upon start
- ACLS within 30 days of hire or transfer
- Current Chemo/biotherapy card, preferred
- Radiation Oncology Certification or OCN: Willing to obtain within 3 months of hire, preferred
What We Offer Our Flexible Workforce (Per diem/On-call)
- Opportunity to work for an award-winning Healthcare System
- An unparalleled, supportive culture that leads to award-winning patient outcomes
- Competitive starting wage
- An additional 15% on top of the base hourly rate (if not an employee already in a benefited position)
- Benefit option available through the Asante Flexible Workforce plan
- Excellent retirement package with up to a 6% employer contribution
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a locally-managed, nationally recognized top 15 health system. We are in beautiful Southern Oregon and are the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5,000 people and include: Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values - the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.