Job Title: Regional Lead Underwriters
Location: Newcastle, Surrounding areas
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £80,000
These roles are new to the business, so will provide a fantastic opportunity for the individual to build key foundations and shape the narrative, that will provide the organisation exposure and scope for growth required.
The Regional Lead Underwriter will help drive and transform how they partner broker portfolios, through responsive, flexible and collaborative relationships. With a strong balance of technical and trading capability, they will be empowered to make decisions, whilst supported by data, insight, and decision support tools on mobile technology to succeed in the role. There will be focus on developing and delivering profitable growth, across new and existing business within the key markets.
Adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering their people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them, their team and their customers. The Development Underwriter role requires regular travel within the nominated area, as will be broker facing in addition to the technical underwriting elements. This opportunity will be partnering brokers across the Newcastle region.
What you'll be doing:
- Act as the face in presenting propositions for larger risks, based on industry knowledge and technical underwriting expertise, subject to the scale and complexity of the case.
- Work with Trading Underwriters to negotiate coverage, wordings and pricing that differentiate to meet customer needs.
- Proactively develop a robust pipeline of Mid-Market and Mid-Corporate qualified growth opportunities leveraging both client and broker relationships, ensuring pipeline is effectively managed and realised.
- Lead and fully embed the large case management process for new business.
- Develop and build collaborative broker relationships, sometimes client, across the Region, taking full ownership for the generation and placement of profitable commercial business from self-sourced.
- Underwrite profitable new business, in line with company established underwriting controls and practices and act as a referral point in branch across New Business and, at times, renewals.
- Develop and maintain a quality distribution strategy and communication plan with key influential brokers to ensure financial KPIs achieved.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the performance of regions' book (COR, Rate, Retention, Hot Spot trades, profit drivers and underwriting circular).
- Support other Regions where appropriate aligned to own areas of underwriting/trade segment/industry expertise.
- Act in line with underwriting license, holding regular reviews with Branch Underwriting Manager.
- Expert technical underwriting knowledge with demonstrable experience in two or more mid-market classes.
- DIP Qualified or equivalent with a proven track record in underwriting Mid-Market and Mid-Corporate business.
- Record of securing and retaining business of large scale and complex business through developed senior broker/customer relationships.
- Evidence of previous technical and sales experience extending to effective pipeline management.
- Insight development, customer and broker portfolio relationship management.
- Personal impact and influence, with negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Risk advisory, selection & assessment.
- As a precondition of employment for this role, you must be eligible and authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- This position has been defined as an Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) role under the IDD regime which means that in addition to pre-employment screening checks, the successful candidate will be subject to background screening every 4 years with an annual declaration in interim years.
WHATS ON OFFER
- One of the best things about joining is the rewards package. Appreciative of the people who work for them and rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Highly competitive annual salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Employee discounts
- Gym benefits
For a full brief please contact one of our specialist consultants:-