Psychology Graduates - Teaching Assistant - Stockport
Are you a psychology graduate looking to start your career by working with vulnerable children and young people? Are you committed to providing support to pupils with additional needs? Tradewind are searching for patient and nurturing Teaching Assistants to work with children on EHCPs, or diagnosed with SEND.
Whether you have studied Psychology, Educational Psychology, Counselling or Speech and Language Therapy, you will have completed incredibly relevant modules such as prevention, interventions and contemporary issues. We have had excellent feedback from our schools around psychology graduates who have come into schools with a fantastic attitude, approachable nature and strong work ethic, and made a lasting impression upon their students.
Tradewind offer above-market rates of pay, with the daily rate in the region of £70 - £77 per day. We have part-time and full-time positions, offering flexibility to suit your prior commitments, and work across all boroughs of Stockport, including Reddish, Cheadle, Romiley and Marple.
Your duties might include:
- Supporting and managing a pupil with special educational needs, usually on a 1:1 basis
- Taking responsibility for the safeguarding of the young people in your care
- Supporting the school team to provide a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for students to learn
Tradewind are renowned for offering top rates of pay, more CPD than any other agency, great referral bonus and termly networking & social events.
To be successful in the role of SEND Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Have a thorough understanding of supporting pupils with SEND
- Provide a CV with employment/education history included. Employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for one of these great positions as a Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant, or for more information about the role, contact Cerys Spilsbury on / .