Property Accounts Officer - Housing Association
London Waterloo (SE1) with remote working
£34,262 - £37,000 per annum
35 Hours per week
Morgan Hunt have partnered with a well established Housing Association who are currently recruiting for a Property Accounts Officer to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. The role does include some remote working. This role is a great opportunity for someone with service charges and rent experience to join a vibrant high paced team.
Your duties and responsibilities as a Property Accounts Assistant will include:
- Provide property accounting (rent and service charge setting) across the entire portfolio of customers ranging from general needs to supported housing to market rents/intermediate market rents and leasehold/freehold housing.
- Be multi-skilled on a series of core information systems and ensure that important data is entered onto the system accurately and in a timely fashion.
- You will be responsible for calculating and entering all rent charges onto the financial system whilst supporting the Rent Business Partner to ensure that all rents are set and monitored so they remain in line with the RSH rent standard
- Reconcile all relevant property expenditure, ensuring it is accurately coded against the correct properties so that service charges are accurately set to reflect the appropriate expenditure being incurred ensuring we are compliant with the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 and in accordance with any lease agreement or tenancy agreement held
- Carry out monthly variance reporting and support the Service Charge Business Partner.
- You will explore how processes can be improved, automated or removed for the benefit of the organisation and/or the customer.
- Working / previously worked in a residential/commercial property and accounting environment with particular emphasis on service charge administration.
- Used housing management systems and financial systems (SUN, Northgate and Bluebox is desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of rent and service charge processes is desirable
- An understanding of Landlord and Tenant legislation and best practise for setting of fixed and variable service charges and the application of the RSH Rent Standard ensuring we are compliant.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines and manage workload.
- Ability to complete a series of tasks at the same time to different deadlines.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.