We are looking for a Project Manager to join us on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Planned Investment Manager, you will be responsible for a budget of up to £5 million p/a, cost control and forecasting across the directorate, delivering the planned maintainence programme.
We are social housing landlord and think our vision of Improving Lives Incommunities says it all!
Working to provide great homes in great neighbourhoods, we manage more than 22,600 homes across Yorkshire and are proud to collaborate with our customers, communities, local and national stakeholders to achieve this.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, inspiring our thinking and guiding our plans and actions. This year will see us focus on the first year of a 2 -year plan, to 2024. Our plan puts customers at the heart of what we do, providing great places to live and work, with homes that they are proud to live in.
- Ensure accurate delivery of the maintenance revenue (£2m) and capital improvement (£20m) annual budget
- Undertake regular site visits and attend site meetings to ensure statutory obligations/regulatory undertakings are met including CDM
- Advising on construction design, and the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- Dealing with building notices and advising on property legislation and building regulations
- Continuously monitor work on site in accordance with Contractors Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan
- Maintain and issue regular site progress reports including contract variation instructions, quality and compliance inspections, handover progress and Health & Safety assessments
- Prepare and attend snagging inspections and advise Contract Managers and Consultants prior issuing Certificates of Completion
- Prepare schedules of defects and ensure they are rectified prior to expiration of defects
- Undertaking building surveys, inspections, defect diagnostics and make recommendations on the amendment of design documents
- Professional qualification in a property/building specialism MCIOB, MRICS, MICE etc. or equivalent qualification/experience
- Building related Degree or equivalent qualification/experience i.e. educated to A Level standard or level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4) equivalent and/or relevant technical qualification or experience
- Experience of managing large scale investment projects and carrying out energy efficiency surveys
- Experience/knowledge of building pathology, quality control process and methods of construction
- Able to prepare and write progress reports
- Good understanding and management of compliance, Health and Safety and risk
- Salary of £36,417 per year
- Training, development, and qualification opportunities
- Corporate health scheme membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- West Yorkshire Pension Fund membership
- Excellent holiday allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Local gym membership discounts.
- A team of trained Mental Health First Aiders who are available for colleagues to contact for support
As a Mindful Employer we have committed to working towards better mental health in the workplace and are determined to deliver a culture of physical and mental wellbeing openness and support.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.