My client are established experts with over 35 years working in the metal presswork, welding, tooling and assemblies industries. They are currently recruiting for a Production Manager to lead the manufacturing function to meet customer requirements and standards. You will take full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met. While also being responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. You will be required to manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams. As well as the ability to implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
Production Manager Position Overview
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Focused target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
- Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimising costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for plant production, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the productive operation of planned activities.
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximise efficient productivity.
- Provide technical expertise to the team.
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan.
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements.
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
Production Manager Position Requirements
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven supervisory experience.
- Technical understanding.
- Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Kaizen, lean manufacturing.
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain.
- Understanding of TS16949, IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO 14001.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience.
- Excellent leadership and man- management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
Production Manager Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary up to £45,000 DOE
- Pension - after probation
- Private Health Care -after probation
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Working hours:Monday - Thursday: 08.00am - 16.55pm or Monday - Thursday: 08.00am - 16.35pmFriday: 08.00am - 13.00pm
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.