Altitude Angel is leading the world's next transport revolution. Really? Yes, actually we are.
We've already designed ARROW , the technology behind SKYWAY - which you may have read about here, here and here, which we're deploying, with some of the UK's most prestigious companies, to build the world's first drone superhighway.
Aside from doing this amazingly awesome work, we're the in the world for digitisation of air traffic management: creating the next-generation cloud platforms which will help the aviation sector scale, economically, efficiently and, crucially, to deliver automation to a new classification of air users. How do you like those apples?
And, since 2014, we've been steadily growing our team beyond our Reading HQ, whilst expanding our network into Europe, attracting some of the finest minds and top talent I was paid in cash to write that from the world of aviation, software engineering and product development.
Our platforms are now used in 152 countries across the globe enabling over 50,000 safe drone flights every month, including everything from transport of life saving medication in sub-Saharan Africa to coffee & burger delivery in the Republic of Ireland.
Drones are here to stay and we're here to unlock the vast potential in them to transform lives and revolutionise businesses.
If you want to join us, play a crucial part in at the forefront of the aerial revolution, flex those creative muscles, have a voice which is listened to, and love coming to work every day, apply. If you want the dull, 9 to 5, then don't.
About the role:
Working as part of the Altitude Angel team means you will be working with the industry leaders and the those at the literal forefront of automated aviation and the next era of aviation. You will directly contribute to building the skyscape of the future.
Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
We are seeking an experienced, driven, and pro-active Product Owner to join our Products team. You'll be taking on the ownership of our GuardianUTM Enterprise portfolio, which means balancing the execution of our overall product vision and roadmap, alongside a continuous improvement programme addressing customer and user feedback and discovering and implementing the most valuable new features.
Our ideal candidate will have high-level of technical acumen, be detail-orientated and passionate about delivery.
- Convert our vision and roadmap into actionable work items (user stories)
- Drive the identification and articulation of new product updates - value, value, value
- Serve as a customer advocate within the Engineering teams
- Manage the Backlog against commercial requirements - prioritisation, sequencing and execution
- Support our Engineering teams in optimising the agile development process
- Own, set and maintain a high-quality bar for releasing product updates
- Influence and support the articulation of our roadmap
- Gather insight and input from stakeholders on where our products can be improved
- Ensure great communication on product updates
- Support the definition and reporting of KPI's and performance measures
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Able to juggle multiple concurrent projects, balancing priorities, and dependencies
- Able to rapidly consume and expand domain and market knowledge
- Driven, creative, a natural problem-solver with excellent attention to detail
- Sound judgement, and the ability to say no, when appropriate, to ensure focus on delivering impactful, timely products
- Previous experience in Product ownership, executing and delivering SaaS applications
- Exposure to agile methodology
- Bonus points for a technical background
At Altitude Angel we're dedicated to creating a positive working environment which empowers our employees to the be the best version of themselves. Through personalised Career Development Plans and generous home/work life-balance considerations, we support our team to work in the best way for them.
- Minimum 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working scheme
- Unlimited access to mental health & wellbeing support
- Company Pension Scheme
- £3,000 employee referral scheme
- Regular team socials
- Unlimited access to our drinks fridge and fruit
- Weekly office coffee & cake morning