Join Cleveland Clinic's Inpatient Pharmacy Technician team at Euclid Hospital and experience world-class healthcare at its best. Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital is a 371-registered bed hospital that offers a complete continuum of care: emergency services, sub-acute care, rehabilitation and outpatient care. Cleveland Clinic is ranked as one of the
nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a Part-time Inpatient Pharmacy Technician at Euclid Hospital, you will:
-Support the pharmacist on duty in providing pharmacy services.
-Package, prepare, and distribute medications.
-Be responsible for inventory control.
-Provide courteous customer service.
-Maintain pharmacy records.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
-Is professional, responsible, and punctual.
-Thrives in a team environment.
-Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
-Effectively multi-tasks while paying attention to details and staying organized.
-Has previous inpatient pharmacy technician experience.
If career growth, providing world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths are what matter most to you, then we encourage you to consider Cleveland Clinic. Join us, and you'll experience the difference of a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Fills medication carts on a daily basis.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the pharmacy department.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a formal pharmacy technician training program preferred.
- Upon hire, registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician, Registered Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Trainee with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy is required. Candidate must be eligible for Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy. Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician is required within 6 months.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is preferred at time of hire. CPhT through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required within 18 months.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Six month of hospital experience preferred.
- Typical physical demands include ability to perform functions of the job while reaching and stretching, and manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer functions of job.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.