Pricing Actuarial Analyst/ActuarySpeciality Insurer - City of London£80,000 - £110,000A leading speciality insurer is currently seeking a nearly or newly qualified pricing actuary to join their pricing team.The successful candidate will work closely with the pricing model development team to support the building and implementation of pricing models. You will be working with machine learning to deliver automated insurance pricing to customers.You will work directly with senior stake holders, the actuarial teams, and underwriters to solve challenging actuarial pricing problems. You will be responsible for leading and developing pricing models across multiple lines of business whilst supporting the pricing cycle process. You will be a key influencer of business decisions, providing expertise, insight and information to aid the management of products.It is essential that you have are nearly or newly qualified as an actuary with speciality pricing insurance or reinsurance experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in coding languages such as Python.
The focus of the successful candidate will be:
- To assist in the pricing of policies by working closely and establish an excellent working relationship with the Underwriting teams.
- Pricing of large individual accounts, often across multiple lines of business.
- Working with underwriting teams to provide ad-hoc pricing support and individual case pricing in line with best practice actuarial techniques.
- Rating model development.
- Loss ratios.
- Portfolio reviews.
- Working with underwriters on new product development.
What our clients are looking for:
- An Insurance/reinsurance/personal lines pricing or consultancy background.
- London Market experience would make you a strong applicant but any pricing experience would be required.
- Any exam progression will be considered.
- Excel, R or Python experience would be desirable
- Excellent interpersonal + communication skills.