POSITION TITLE: Phlebotomist
STATUS: Full Time (RF Status - 72 Hours/Pay Period)
DAY/SHIFT/HOURS: Variable days, 9:00am-9:30pm; Other shifts as needed; On-call, Weekend, & Holiday rotation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Phlebotomist works under the supervision of the Director, Lab and Manager, Lab.
Assists with the procurement and preparation of specimens that are to be analyzed within the clinical laboratories.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
IP, OP, and ER phlebotomy, urine drug screen collections, finger stick glucose, order entry, specimen processing, and occasional courier duties. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Completion of phlebotomy course required.
- 1-3 years of phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge required.
- ICD-9 Coding knowledge helpful.
- Good typing skills with PC data entry knowledge.
- Valid State of Ohio Driver's License; may require the use of personal vehicle when completing courier job and lab vehicle in unavailable.
- Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people, projecting a positive image for the hospital.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication, customer service, organizational and detail skills.