Operations Administrator Surrey 35 hours £24,000
The Royal School of Needlework is the International Centre of Excellence for the art of Hand Embroidery since 1872. We are based at the magnificent Hampton Court Palace and we offer classes from beginner to degree levels.
We are seeking to appoint a customer-focused individual to support the operations of RSN and to provide deliverable support to all departments and external contacts to RSN. If you are used to working in complex environments offering a high level of customer service and you welcome a challenge, this is the job for you.
You will be supporting the delivery of operational standards across the RSN and to develop the postage and helpdesk functions, with additional support from part-time staff, to ensure the continuation of service during times of vacation or other leave.
What can The Royal School of Needlework give you?
- Contributory pension scheme
Are you the right person for us?
- You will be required to have a Higher Diploma or equivalent or relevant work experience for five or more years in a similar role
- You should be capable on Microsoft applications and it is desirable that you have trained in operational systems and customer service, but training can be given
- You will have excellent written and oral skills, able to meet deadlines, customer service experience, and operating online systems and you should be comfortable working in a complex environment and communicating at all levels
- It would be an advantage if you have project or helpdesk experience and knowledge of online retailing
What will your role as an Operations Administrator look like?
- Responsible for the successful operation of the helpdesk system and the first point of contact to RSN for incoming enquiries
- Following up with departments to close the enquiry and to provide weekly reports
- Organising the schedule for postage and working with shop staff to ensure timely delivery of products
- Dealing with operational requests from internal departments for matters relating to HCP (e.g. security, car parking etc.)
- Dealing with and monitoring subcontractors (e.g., catering, meeting rooms)
- Ordering products for the operations of RSN
- Overseeing the booking of internal meeting space
- Monitoring and updating Health and Safety schedules and meetings. Maintaining the H&S online systems and ensuring they are up-to-date
- Ensuring the Policy Library reviews are dealt with in a timely manner
- Support the DOO on the operation of the online HR systems and documentation
- The post holder's external contacts will be the general public, tutors, consultants, contractors, suppliers and partners. Internal contacts will be all RSN departments
- Any other duties commensurate with grade
If you are interested in this role, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter explaining how you believe you are the best candidate for this job.
If you are ready to start your career at The Royal School of Needlework, then click APPLY now! We can't wait to hear from you!