Ardent Health Services is a premier provider of health care services that invests in people, technology, facilities, and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. We are driven in all things by our purpose of caring for people: our patients, their families, and one another.
Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent's subsidiaries own and operate 30 hospitals, 180 clinics, and a variety of other related health care facilities in six states; we employ 26,000 associates, including 1,000+ employed providers. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, with 89 percent of our hospitals receiving a three-star rating or above. Ardent's corporate office has been named one of the "Top Work Places" among Nashville-based companies for five consecutive years, including 2021.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our corporate Information Technology team as a Network Engineer. This role will support UT Health East, an extensive regional network that includes 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics. Ardent Health Services operates UT Health East Texas in a joint venture partnership with UT Health System.
The Network Engineer provides network engineering services for IT projects and maintaining data network infrastructure for Ardent Health Services. Responsibilities creating configurations, updating network documentation, troubleshooting problems, and working network related tickets. This position will work closely with other members of the Ardent technology team to support the overall mission of the company and its' strategic business initiatives. Responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and troubleshoot the network infrastructure in hospital, clinic, office, and data center environments
- Support Network Engineers/Architects in design/implementation strategies
- Maintain documentation related to network layout
- Work with Senior Network Engineers to develop and improve skill set
- Knowledge, Skills and Attributes (Underlying skills and abilities that enable the execution of duties and responsibilities)
- Must demonstrate strong ownership of responsibilities
- Must have good communication skills: both oral and written
- Ability to work on assigned tasks as well as work ticket queue
- Attention to details
- Ability to think outside the box on complex issues
- Must display the ability to be a team player and work well with employees at all levels
- Required-Associates' degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent technical training.
- Current CCNA Certification Required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in Information Systems, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Cisco routing, switching, and wireless products
- Experience troubleshooting and updating WAN routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, DMVPN, and EIGRP
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring LAN Infrastructures, STP, SD-Access, PVST, Ether-channel/Port Channel configuration, Dot1.Q Trunking, VTP
- Experience troubleshooting 802.11 wireless issues, roaming, etc
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio and updating network documentation
Other Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Experience with Cisco ISE and 802.1x troubleshooting
- Network security best practices and application to network devices
- Understanding of Webex and Teams troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of DHCP and DNS concepts
- MAC activities on SD-WAN and SD-Access technologies
- Working knowledge of route summarization
- Working knowledge of Cisco QoS tools
- Solid understanding of network cabling types and concepts