The independent city of Memmingen has a population of 44,000 and is located in the scenic surroundings of the Allgäu region with a wide range of recreational and leisure opportunities and very good transport links (A 7 / A 96 freeway intersection). All secondary school types are available.
As of the next possible date, the Office of Information and Communication has a full-time position available as a
Network Administrator (m/f/d)
to be filled. The position is rated at pay group 10 TVöD.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the availability and performance of our LAN / WLAN / WAN network.
- Implementation of security policies and the configuration and administration of network components (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Design and further development of the existing firewall / network infrastructures, especially of structure-improving measures of site networking.
- Network monitoring
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Support in the network environment
Requirements are in particular:
- A completed training in the field of information technology, specializing in system integration, or a comparable training or knowledge.
- Very good knowledge of firewall / network administration (preferably HP / Aruba, Palo Alto or comparable desirable).
- Very good knowledge in the areas of TCP / IP as well as switching and routing.
- Experience in planning and administration of network infrastructures (LAN / WLAN / WAN).
- Experience in the IT security field (web, email security, endpoint protection) is an advantage
- Quick and analytical comprehension skills
- Service orientation
- Flexible working hours (flexitime) incl. home office options.
- 30 days of vacation as well as paid time off on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- The opportunity for personal development and co-design of your environment
- Extensive employee benefits program, such as company pension plan, health management and company outing.
- Secure workplace
- Opportunities for further education
- Annual bonus, performance bonus, capital-forming benefits
- An appreciative and motivating working atmosphere
If you are interested in the aforementioned position according to the collective bargaining provisions of the TVöD and the usual social benefits in the public service, please send your informative application with the usual documents no later than 09.09.2022 to the Personnel Office of the City of Memmingen, Marktplatz 1, 87700 Memmingen or by data transfer exclusively in PDF format to
For further information, please contact
Mr. Götzeler (Personnel), -111
or Mr. Schönhals (Information and Communication), -888.
The city of Memmingen has undertaken to fulfill the tasks arising from SGB IX and the Bavarian Equality Act to a special extent when filling positions.
City of Memmingen
Market place 1 - 87700 Memmingen