Are you an experienced manual machinist, looking to join a more established company? Looking to get off shifts and onto days? Perhaps you need to earn more money due to increases in bills?
With a reputation for exceptional quality and reliability, the business are regarded as one of the most established suppliers of engineered products for over 50 years. They boast a modern workshop with a mixture of conventional and CNC, a superb working environment, and a team that really strives for excellence, this business really knows how to hold onto their staff.
Benefits include a salary of £25 - £27K per annum depending on experience, Overtime available during the week and weekends, 25 days holiday plus bank hols, a contributory pension scheme, and a discretionary bonus paid to all staff.
Responsibilities for the manual machinist include -
- Setting and operating a range of manual machines including lathes, mills, saws, drills, grinders within the machine shop
- Precision machining of individual components, low batch work from 1 - 5 off in tight tolerances
- Operating a CNC Mill for high precision profiling jobs
- Visual and instrument measurement checks of all parts machined to ensure it's in tolerance
- Working from detailed engineering drawings and diagrams
- Ensuring all work areas are well maintained to 5s standards
Working hours for the position are 37.5hrs per week Mon to Fri, with half hour lunch per day We would love to hear from suitable candidates with the following skills and experience- Previous experience as a manual machinist, toolroom machinist, or ability to set and run conventional lathes & mills- Experience with operating CNC millers is highly advantageous too - Precision component manufacture to close tolerances- Strong background working from engineering drawings, and inspecting own work using measuring equipment- Flexibility towards working afternoon shifts occasionally during peak periods
ASC Connections Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.