We are Fowler Welch - a multi award winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and to promote being an employer of choice.
We are now recruiting for a Management Accountant on a full time, permanent basis for our Spalding site.
Shift: Monday to Friday, 08:30 - 17:30(A degree of flexibility is required in order to meet the demands of the business)
As a Management Accountant, you will be producing the management accounts and commentary for key areas of the business.Key Responsibilities:
- Providing Systems support, maintenance and development for all systems controlled by the Finance department.
- Presenting and explain financial performance for their areas to the Senior Managers as required
- Proactively identifying and delivering best practice processes improvements (efficiency, control or reporting)
- Advising operational managers on the correct accounting treatment of transactions
- Assisting and supplying information to auditors for annual audit
- Owning the accounting for designated cost centres, nominal codes or balance sheet codes (e.g. Revenue, Commercial Vehicles, Trailers, Agency, Subcontractor costs) including:
- Reviewing spend and invoices
- Working with Operational Owners / Managers to understand, challenge and correctly account for business performance
- Completing financials for weekly Flash and month end
- Preparing and posting journals
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Prepare detailed explanation of performance compared to budget / forecast. Identify Risks and Opportunities to forecast.
- Identifying profit improvement opportunities
- Qualified Accountant - CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Minimum of 3 years experience of management / financial accounting
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to create and develop spreadsheets using functions (pivot tables, lookups etc.) or macros to automate and improve accounting
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements
- Strong knowledge of accounting regulations, procedures and current legislation
- Strong attention to detail and ability to review and spot errors / queries
- Continuous improvement mentality - with the ability to identify and implement at pace process improvements (improving control / efficiency / insight)
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work
- Team player with the desire to work with and challenge appropriately finance and operational colleagues
- Analytical skills with the ability to make judgements from data and then work with the business through to conclusion
- Proficiency in Word and Powerpoint
In return for your passion, hard work and determination in providing outstanding service to our customers we offer:
- Free Fowler Welch Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free life insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary.
- Competitive pension scheme
- 'Cycle 2 Work' Scheme - save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment.
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees - monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers.
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to and begin your career today!