NXTGEN have an immediate requirement for a Management Accountant to join a market leading manufacturing business based near Downham Market. The role is initially offered on a 12 month Fixed Term basis with the potential for something longer term for the right candidate. As Management Accountant, you will work closely with the site Finance Manager to deliver month end management accounts and commercial reports to the wider team. You will also work closely with the factory and site teams to understand financial and operational performance, getting a better feel for the core mechanics of site before identifying ways to increase financial performance and productivity. The Management Accountant will play a key role in the review of site costs, identifying opportunities for cost saving without compromising on product quality or delivery. There will also be an opportunity for the Management Accountant to support the review and improvement of current processes, ensuring quality financial information is shared across the site with budget holders.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Support the delivery of month end Management Accounting close, working closely with head office to ensure all site data is delivered in a timely manner
- Analyse costs and variances across the site, identifying trends or potential business opportunities
- Business partner with operational teams to provide insight on financial performance and play a key role in driving business decisions
- Support the site budgeting and forecasting cycles as well as working with budget holders to monitor performance vs plan
- Support the continuous improvement programme through the ongoing review of financial controls to ensure they are robust and fit for purpose
The successful candidate will ideally be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent), with prior experience working in a manufacturing, engineering or FMCG environment. Those candidates who are part qualified but have demonstrable and a proven background in a similar role will also be considered. Previous experience in standard or product costing would be significantly advantageous. Excellent Excel and analytical skills are essential, combined with the ability to develop strong internal relationships with operational teams and stakeholders. You will be a confident communicator with an ability to influence key business decisions through quality financial insights.