Business Unit Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Michael Foods, Inc. located in Elizabeth, New Jersey has a proud history dating back to the founding our our Country. Elizabeth is a great American City.
The position of mechanic is responsible for monitoring and repairing all equipment safely and as necessary within budget constraints. The role is also responsible for ensuring equipment productivity and efficiency through troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and monitoring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Team player who aligns and upholds our values: Teamwork, Accountability, Innovation and Continuous Improvement and passion for customer and consumers
- Attendance is essential to perform duties
- Attend and actively participate in safety meetings and trainings
- Always ensure regulatory compliance
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements on all basic as well as filling and processing equipment
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders as required for maintenance and service
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on various equipment including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics operations
- Monitor efficiency of all equipment and locate sources of problems by observing equipment in operation
- Remove or replace defective parts, determine changes in dimensional requirements using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Adjust all necessary components of equipment as needed using hand tools, plumb bobs and straightedges
- Must adhere to budget, USDA, OSHA, SQF, and FDA compliance guidelines
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories, anticipate the need, place and expedite orders, and verify receipt
- Assume personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies/procedures and incorporate safety and health in all job duties/tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Experience in a manufacturing industry or similar
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish preferred
- Must be well organized, able to plan and prioritize activities, and make decisions related to product quality
- SAP knowledge a plus
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.