Are you an experienced Maintenance Supervisor looking for a new opportunity within the Heavy Industry sector? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you! We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Supervisor overseeing the CNC department in the Stourbridge / Dudley area to carry out maintenance operations to all equipment and machinery in line with company requirements.
Day to day activities as a Maintenance Supervisor will include:
- Ensure there is an effective TPM and PPM regime in place to support the prevailing downtime metrics
- Ensure critical spares are identified and managed to support prevailing budget deltas and downtime objectives
- Effectively manage internal maintenance personnel and external service engineers to ensure TPM activity is completed in a timely manner and reactive maintenance is expedient
- Ensure all activities are supported by comprehensive risk assessments and all other company and statutory requirements with regards Health & Safety
- Effectively record all maintenance activity, downtime metrics to use as predictive tools and to support continuous improvement
- Work with internal stakeholders to mitigate the impact of planned and unplanned downtime
The following skills are required to support the above objectives:
- Ensure that all plant equipment and machinery is kept in good working order
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and other faults as required
- Report any problems regarding equipment and machinery immediately to the Maintenance Manager
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with colleagues
- Actively take part in any training requested to enhance your role
- Be prepared to work overtime as and when required
- To carry out the required maintenance activities during the company shutdown periods
- Ensure accurate inventory records of critical spares are maintained
- Raise Purchase Orders in line with company and statutory requirements and liaise closely with external suppliers and service engineers
What will you need to be considered for the role?
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship (preferable, although not essential)
- Worked in similar environment
- Experience in hydraulics, electronics and other CNC related disciplines
- Ideally PLC knowledge
- Experience in general fabrication work
- Ability to read and work closely with drawings
- Self motivated with ability to meet targets
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communicator
- Willingness to learn and drive for continuous improvement
- Flexible approach, willing to help and support the team
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Hours: rotating shifts 6am-2pm Monday to Friday and 2pm-12pm Monday to Thursday.