Machine Development Engineer
My client is a local manufacturer and are looking for a Machine Development Engineer to join their team.
The position will work within a multi-discipline production engineering team and be responsible for the concept design, development, and implementation of bespoke machines and equipment, modifications, and improvements to meet the needs of our manufacturing facility.
Machine Development Engineer - Job Role:
- Management of machine introduction projects, from concept stage through to handover and closure. Responsible for delivering projects within time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Understanding requirements from internal customers to generate detailed machine specifications.
- Generate feasibility documentation required for project approval.
- Interact and manage professionally international external suppliers & partners ensuring their performance is monitored and projects are up to schedule
- Manage necessary logistic related tasks to supply testing material, and equipment to internal/external partners or back to the business
- Manage internal departments to ensure all project deliverables are achieved.
- Communicate with all project stakeholders to provide updates as necessary.
- Will be required to travel within the UK and overseas.
Machine Development Engineer - Person Requirements:
- Degree level qualification in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication, presentation, and
- motivation. Able to communicate at all levels within an organisation.
- Previous experience within a project management role.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of CAD systems, Solid Works or Space Claim, or AutoCAD, to review
- designs of parts & tooling and occasionally create modifications and annotations.
- Experience in any of the following would be advantageous mechanical design,
- mechanism, and machine design, metalworking and cutting processes, fitting
- and fabrication, sheet metal, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Relevant experience in machine assembly, function, and design in an industrial