- Within this role the successful Legal secretary will be required to be flexible, with working 2 days a week in the office and 3 at home.
My client is a well established business based in the heart of Oxford City Centre.
Legal Secretary Key responsibilities:
- Being the client's first point of contact will help you interact with them effectively.
- Develop a working understanding of the partners' and associates' areas of legal expertise.
- On behalf of partners and associates throughout the division, maintain discretion and tact when dealing with clients, coworkers, and private concerns.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the firm's strategy and how partners' and associates' work relates to it.
- Help with organising billing, credit control, and accounting issues pertaining to partners' and associates' clients, including writing bill requests and bill narratives and pursuing clients for payment of overdue bills as necessary.
- Keep partners' and associates' calendars up to date by communicating with them to go through upcoming appointments and any necessary arrangements.
- help with the secretarial workload colleagues as required
- Schedule internal and external meetings, making sure that everything is ready and that any papers or documentation needed are prepared in advance.
- Assist with marketing tasks as needed, coordinating with the marketing team among other things.
- As needed, assist in creating tribunal bundles and document listings.
- Become familiar enough with the activities of the division to be able to collaborate with any partners and associates in other places or, if necessary, with colleagues from the other division.
- Develop the necessary file and matter knowledge to enable partners and associates to assist clients and others, as necessary, in their absence.
- Participate actively in the development of your own job and seek to increase your assistance for partners and associates to ensure suitable training is undertaken
- Any additional responsibilities that may be required given the level or function
The successful Legal secretary:
The selected applicant will have high-level secretarial experience and have a solid grasp of how a legal company runs. They must possess outstanding communication skills and a professional demeanour. They must have good administrative skills and be extremely organised. They will be able to operate independently, with confidence in their own judgement, and have a proactive approach to their work. They must like being a part of active teams. They must be cooperative and willing, as well as adaptable in nature.
It would be great to have at least two years of legal secretarial experience (ideally within a law firm, within an Employment team would be desirable however not essential)
Skills and desirable traits:
Excellent typing (at least 70 wpm audio/copy typing) and precise numeracy abilities are required.High levels of precision and a keen eye for detail are required.excellent administrative and organisational skillsthe capacity to support a variety of people and manage a busy workloadAbility to be proactive and work on own initiative Ability to inspire and train other secretarial team members Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines Confident and natural communicator Team player and enthusiastic
IT abilities necessary:
IT expertise in Microsoft Office 365; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Sharepoint, PDF Docs, Word Compare (Deltaview), practise management systems, client matter inception, and Elite 3E. (or similar financial software) even though comprehensive in-house training will be offered.
Competitive monthly and annual bonus scheme
Flexible part time working days - 3 days in the office