We are Together -Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 700 colleagues.
A specialist lender offering a range of mortgage and secured loan products to individuals and businesses, who are typically underserved by mainstream lenders. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending.
Together is a business that never stands still, providing an exciting place to work for individuals who deliver to a high-standard and embrace change.
We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
Salary £45,000 - £60,000 plus performance related bonus and benefits
Hybrid working is available for this role, but applicants must live within a commutable distance to our office in Cheadle, Cheshire.
As a Lead Test Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join the next phase of evolution for a long established, well respected organisation. As part of the IT team, you will ensure high quality releases, adherence to internal and external standards and quality controls through manual and automated testing. You will work closely with colleagues through the business and technical teams as part of cross functional teams set up to build and deliver the essential products needed to support the Together business. This role will be the ideal challenge for a quick thinker who can resolve issues during test and support.
- Adherence to IT Change and Operational policies and standards
- Taking ownership of the test of each iteration, ensuring the scope and impact is well understood
- Lead one or many sprint test teams' manual and automation testing delivery
- Perform testing (manual and automated) to ensure that implemented functionality is in line with defined quality controls
- Playing an active role in mentoring/ coaching/ training and development of other team members within the cross functional team
- Understanding the various phases of the software development lifecycle
- Working closely with other members of the team to ensure adequate tests are in place for deliverables under development
- Reviewing test strategies to guarantee the quality of the delivery, assisting in the diagnosis of system problems encountered during testing
- Delivery of high-quality automated testing of our cutting-edge new and existing software products and features, across Frontend, Backend, web and mobile apps
- Helping to lead a quality centric culture within the combined team focusing on delivering a quality product, rapidly and with repeatable quality
Essential Skills And Experience
- Experience of working with and leading off-shore counterparts
- Experience in the generation of automated test suites to ensure that requirements are satisfied, including happy and unhappy path approaches
- Familiarity with the other testing tools and frameworks such as Selenium, Cypress, UIpath and Postman would be useful
- Automated testing of complex web applications with multiple workflows and paths
- Experience of working as part of an agile team, and integrating automated testing into CI/CD pipelines (Microsoft)
- Performance testing to identify potential issues (response times, database metrics, infrastructure metrics)
- Experience of working in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Azure & AWS cloud infrastructure, services, and offerings desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with DevOps Procedures and process and working in an Agile Environment
- Results oriented with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Accountable and takes ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working
- Experience in the financial services industry would be advantageous
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 26 days holiday plus your Birthday - entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.