Lead Environmental Scientist (Marine Science / Oceanography / EIA)
£SIGNIFICANT SIX FIGURE PACKAGE - Negotiable DOE + excellent benefits + global travelSouth coast of UK or Brisbane, Australia
Are you looking to develop your scientific career with a company focused on improving the environmental impact of souring metals used in EV batteries?
Would you like to develop your career with a company that owns proprietary technology to process these minerals to enable the minimising of environmental impact in sourcing materials used in new environmental technology?
On offer is a key leadership role with a company that is on track to become a world-leading producer of base and strategic metals obtained from polymetallic nodule deposits containing manganese, nickel, copper and cobalt. The company's objective is to produce the metals required for the green transition with less environmental and social impact than the world is doing today.
This position will be responsible for providing scientific and technical support for offshore environmental baseline and environmental and social impact assessment programs, including significant effort in the finalisation of the company's environmental impact assessment.
- Carry out duties in accordance with safety, environmental, community and quality policies, corporate values and strategies.
- Provide the required level of technical support and oversight of ESIA studies and preparation of the offshore EIS.
- Assist with aspects of offshore technical studies, defining work-scopes, contributing to equipment procurement decisions, QA/QC procedures for individual studies, etc.
- Technical lead on offshore campaigns
- Assist with regular reviews of regulatory compliance, as it pertains to technical aspects of the ESIA program.
- Assist with communication and day to day management of academic and commercial ESIA partners.
- Provide technical input into the company's EISA strategy and to the development of corporate communications and messaging.
- PhD in a relevant field (e.g., environmental science, environmental engineering, oceanography, marine science / ecology, deep sea ecology, data science) with relevant industry experience.
- Professional experience in offshore consulting may serve as a replacement for a non-relevant educational background.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business that's committed to improving the environment.
Environmental Scientist, Oceanographer, Environmental Engineer, Marine Scientist, Deep Sea Ecology,
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.