- Explore Opportunities
- Business Operations
- Phoenix, AZ
- Land Analyst
The Job was shared succesfully!
The Land Analyst will manage the market research function for the Phoenix Division. The Land Analyst will work closely with Land Acquisition Manager and Division President to perform and evaluate market research, financial viability, and land acquisition opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize Zonda (formerly Metrostudy) software, MLS, Geographic Information System (GIS) based platforms, and local government online resources to conduct market research and analysis.
- Manage and maintain prospective land tracking logs, land search maps, and competitive transactions in surrounding areas.
- Participate in the evaluation of sub-markets and the identification and evaluation of potential candidate sites for acquisitions.
- Prepare market research-related information on new land transactions for approval by corporate Land Committee.
- Assist the Land Acquisition Manager in the preparation of financial proformas to evaluate the new community viability.
- Assist the Land Acquisition Manager in formulating the short-term and long-term Strategic Land Plan objectives.
- Conduct field research as needed to evaluate competition and surrounding area strengths and weaknesses.
- Assist with practical aspects of the land acquisition process such as pre-feasibility evaluations, offer letters, negotiating terms, getting transactions under contract, purchase agreement reviews, due diligence and third party reports, as well as tracking critical dates and key deliverables.
- Ability to communicate with and represent the Company to land brokers, developers, land investors, land owners, land bankers, land-related financial entities, attorneys, title and escrow agents, a wide variety of consultants and government officials.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to manage large data sets and cull relevant information.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks at a time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and intermediate abilities in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of financial and economic concepts.
- Regional real estate market knowledge a plus.
- Bachelors degree, with a concentration in real estate or finance preferred.
Join our winning team that has been recognized by Fortune Magazine as One of the Top 100 Companies to Work For 15 times! David Weekley Homes builds in 19 markets from coast to coast and is the largest privately-held builder in America that has closed over 100,000 homes. We offer a benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending plans for medical & dependent care expenses
- 401(K) savings plan with 8% discretionary match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Vacation, Holidays & PTO
- Team Member Discounts
- And more!