Job Title - HNW / Personal Lines Account Handler
Contract - Permanent
Salary - Circa £28,000 + Benefits
Location - North Yorkshire
Purpose of Role:
We are looking to recruit a new Account Handler to provide office-based support to the Trading Underwriter in the day-to-day running of Personal Lines product portfolios.
The role will include setting up all appropriate actions required for new enquiries, being actively involved in daily triage sessions, recording and monitoring quote progress and being a contact point for underwriters and brokers, providing solutions to queries and issues as they arise.
The Account Handler is expected to have the skills and knowledge to understand what actions are required to meet the expectations of all parties.
What's in it for you?A Group that is fast paced and constantly changing, which makes it all an exciting place to work.
Along with the great people you would be working with in this role, we are offering an excellent set of benefits which would include the following:
- Employer pension contribution of 6% (providing you, the Employee provides 2%).
- Good work life balance - flexibility to suit you.
- Competitive salary.
- Life Assurance at X4 of your base salary.
- Group Income Protection.
- 26 days annual leave plus all statutory bank holidays (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year).
- Flexible benefits include, but not limited to, discounted gym memberships, restaurant discounts, PMI, healthcare cash plans etc.
- Learning & Development opportunities including study support options and apprenticeships.
- Group annual bonus scheme.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of Personal Lines insurance with knowledge of HNW and MNW products an advantage.
- Proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Effective teamworking skills.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Willingness to learn.
- Resilience to enable you to deal with problems and constructive criticism.
- Ensure the smooth running of Personal Lines product portfolios on a day-to-day basis.
- Develop, maintain, and cultivate a constructive and professional relationship with stakeholders at all levels.
- First point of contact for day-to-day enquiries from insurers, brokers, and other internal and external sources.
- Independently respond to queries from both brokers and insurers in a pro-active manner, whilst keeping underwriters informed as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate administration of enquiries including triage, recording, and monitoring of quotes, broker data, insurer data, communication material and other associated queries.
- Resolve any identified discrepancies in insurer documentation before sending to broker.
- Periodically attend broker meetings with the Trading Underwriter, subject to team resourcing.
- Provide a proactive professional telephone handling service for both internal & external contacts, including brokers, insurers, and other colleagues.
- Deliver a high-quality service to Partner members and ensure adherence to the published SLA's.
- Provide effective, economical, and compliant Underwriting Services adhering to TCF.
- Compliance with all binder procedures, and underwriting authority levels.
- Take responsibility for complaints ensuring that the company procedures are adhered to, to reflect Company policy and ensure fair treatment of customers.
- Undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up to date with technical, legal and market developments via use of e-learning, inte