Tissue Fixation/Identification/Processing opening in Franklin, Tennessee.
Full Time Histotechnologist needed in Franklin, Tennessee for permanent hire! Apply Now!
- Full-time, permanent job opportunity
- Full benefits package (401k, PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance)
- Competitive pay
- Room for career growth!
- Process and prepare fixed and unfixed tissue and cytology specimens using histologic, frozen sectioning, immunohistochemical, in situ hybridization, and tissue microarray techniques Teach and instruct other lab staff in these techniques (1-3) Supervise and train new staff or students as needed, including hiring, performance management, and related duties, in addition to instruction on techniques and consultation on project work Prepares microscopic slides for diagnostic processing, embedding, microtomy, mounting (paraffin/frozen sections), staining (routine/special/IHC), slide and block labeling & coverslipping Performs special staining techniques for interstitial elements of tissue sections to include micro-organisms and various cellular components including antigens and enzymes for complex diagnosis and prognostic markers Contribute to corporate strategy for additional regulatory approvals (CAP, FDA, ) relating to GHI Histopathology Assess the quality of slide preparations and troubleshoot procedures if necessary Prepare control slides and in collaboration with the laboratory director, validate technical procedures before applying to clinical or research samples
- Associate's Degree in Science (or higher)
- ASCP (HT or HTL) or eligible to obtain
- Experience is preferred (but not required!)