The Stiftung Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin (ZLB) is the largest public library in Germany, the best-visited cultural and educational institution in Berlin, and part of the Verbund der Öffentlichen Bibliotheken Berlins (VÖBB). At two locations - Amerika-Gedenkbibliothek and Berliner Stadtbibliothek - the ZLB offers an innovative and participative range of media, advisory and event services in all segments of its work. The library is increasingly developing into a platform for the communities of urban society. This is where citizens share their knowledge, where participation in digital life and informed urban discourse is made possible. This development is to be further expanded conceptually and in day-to-day work. Modern, service-oriented information technology with corresponding digital services is just as necessary as methods for ongoing organizational development and change management.
Become part of our team! The Digital Development and Network Affairs Directorate of the ZLB has currently reorganized the management structure of its IT services. Strengthen us with your technical and methodological expertise in a responsible position with room for maneuver as a
Head of the IT Applications Unit
- Organizational Unit:
- Code number:
- Pay group:
- Scope of working hours:
- Time limit:
- Digital Development and Verbund Affairs Directorate IT Applications Unit
- E14 TV-L; a specialist allowance is possible
- Full-time (currently 39.4 hours / week)
Your scope of work and responsibilities:
Within the Digital Development and Network Affairs Directorate, the IT infrastructure of the ZLB and the heterogeneous application landscape for about 350 colleagues are managed. IT Applications' responsibilities include interfaces to the library management system of the Association of Berlin Public Libraries and to applications for library audiences. The new IT Applications department also operates the service desk for ZLB colleagues as a central point of contact and is the first point of contact for supporting departmental requirements in the application context. As Head of Unit , you will be responsible in particular for:
- Performing general management tasks, planning and deploying resources, managing and controlling workflows, and actively promoting and developing the existing team.
- Redesign of electronic service offerings in close cooperation with the relevant departments of the ZLB.
- Structural and conceptual development of user-friendly and sustainable IT services.
- Planning, design and further development of functional and technical interfaces to the IT infrastructure of the ZLB and provision of client systems.
- Analysis of the functional and operational requirements for existing and, if necessary, to be used IT systems.
- Development of concepts and control of their implementation to ensure trouble-free operation with a high service orientation.
- Close cooperation with the IT Infrastructure division and the DEVA Directorate.
- Planning and monitoring of the budget
- Accompanying tenders for software and supporting services.
- Coordination and management of cross-divisional projects
- Representation of the professional interests of the ZLB to other institutions.
- Completed academic university studies in the field of computer science or in a comparable field related to the activity.
- several years of relevant professional experience in a professionally relevant position with management responsibility.
Your professional competencies include:
- Distinct knowledge and experience in the organization of business and change processes (change management).
- comprehensive technological knowledge of the interaction in a heterogeneous application and system landscape.
- Knowledge and experience in the management of IT projects and IT service processes.
- Mastery of the methods of system analysis and ability to implement technical and organizational specifications.
- Interest in supporting library projects and early use of forward-looking technological trends.
The following extra-curricular skills will distinguish you:
- You are a strong communicator who convinces with commitment and high engagement and likes to take responsibility.
- With your strong skills for cooperative, appreciative and equally goal-oriented personnel management, you control and motivate your team according to the situation.
- Analytical skills coupled with good planning and organizational skills allow you to act proactively and purposefully, even under increasing load.
- You enjoy conceptual tasks, like to work across departments and understand IT as a service.
- With interest you follow new developments in the field of activity and drive innovation.
- You have a confident command of the German language, both written and spoken.
Are you such a person? Then we need you!
We look forward to receiving your meaningful application by 11.09.2022 Please apply online via the Berlin career portal.
The ZLB actively promotes equality for all employees . We therefore welcome applications from women and men, regardless of their cultural and social background, age, religion, ideology, disability or sexual identity. Recognized severely disabled applicants and those with equal status are given preferential consideration in cases of equal suitability. Applications from people with a migration background who meet the hiring requirements are expressly encouraged.
In principle, the position can also be filled in tandem model if suitable staffing constellations arise in the selection process.
For more information about the Stiftung Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin, please visit .
Contact person :
Dr. Veit Köppen (for subject-related information)