Job Title: Head of Services
Location: Abergavenny, Wales / Remote
Salary: £52,000 to £60,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours: 40hrs a week / Mon-Fri
SYNLAB Laboratory Services is part of SYNLAB UK & Ireland, who provide laboratory and diagnostic and services to a diverse range of sectors including healthcare and wellness, sport, travel, corporates and insurers, veterinary and family law.
SYNLAB Laboratory Services has 2 in-house laboratories offering a wide range of pathology tests including occupational health and wellness tests, as well as workplace drug and alcohol testing. In addition to our laboratories providing UKAS accredited ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 15189 testing, we are one of only a few providers offering a combined in-house collection and laboratory service.
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Services to join our team in Abergavenny on a full time and permanent basis. This is a brand new and exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for delivering the best service within our organisation, along with playing an integral part of our commercial team. Although this is predominately an office-based role, we welcome applicants who wish to work in a hybrid model.
- To take responsibility for the provision of our drug and alcohol collection services and our customer services, via the Service Managers.
- To measure the quality of services using data, ensuring KPI's are measured and reviewed.
- To work with our Toxicology department to ensure the collections team provides the best quality service to the laboratory.
- To work with stakeholders to identify changes in the market.
- To work closely with our Senior Management Team on the quality and business performance of the Services organisation.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of leadership within a business or services environment.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Experience of managing complex and long-term projects to completion.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work well as part of a team.
- Good numeracy and computer literacy skills - able to use Microsoft packages.
- Healthcare sector experience.
- Experience of drug and alcohol collection organisations.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland work closely with clinicians, hospitals, occupational health providers and clinical researchers to provide a complete pathology offering.
We operate in increasingly diverse environments which is reflected in our workforce, clients, customers, suppliers, communities and partners. We believe an inclusive workplace culture is the best way to source, attract and retain diverse and talented people, and create a sustainable, high-performing workforce.
We believe our staff is vital to the principle of making a positive difference to healthcare, therefore, we promote a culture of continuous personal development where scientists and staff have the support and resources to acquire new skills and build their careers through learning and development opportunities, coaching and clear career pathways.
We promote an open and collaborative culture where leaders act as role models and facilitate a two-way communication, engage with staff and stakeholders transparently and actively encourage feedback and suggestions.
Please note that we reserve the right to close any adverts once we have received a sufficient number of applications. If you decide to apply for this post but do not hear back from us within two weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
SYNLAB UK & Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable UK employment law.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Service Delivery Manager, Head of Operations, Laboratory Services Lead, Services Director, Head of Service Delivery, Head of Lab Services, Healthcare Service Manager may also be considered for this role.