Catch 22 are excited to be chosen as the recruitment partner for one of the further education establishments based in Leeds in their search for a innovative, creative thinking and knowledgeable Head of Estates and Facilities to join a dynamic and vibrant Estates and Facilities department.
The main responsibilities of the Head of Estates and Facilities will be to ensure the delivery of a highly effective, professionally driven and quality Estates and facilities function on their main and satellite locations, in accordance with the needs of the University . To ensure the effective operational delivery of the Estates and Facilities Service and other facilities/services within the university. The post holder will Lead in the management of institutional energy and sustainability and environmental issues and responsibilities from an estates and facilities perspective.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities in the development and management in the delivery of the Estates and Facilities Hard and Soft FM deliverables including bespoke development.
- To support the Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities in the management of the annual Estates and Facilities financial budget and capital investments programmes, ensuring that all operations and development activities are provided at optimum cost effectiveness and value for money.
- To provide effective leadership to all staff under their control, ensuring that the necessary skill and competency levels are in place, developed or acquired. To keep the staff resource services skills, knowledge and associated training under review to ensure that the institution is able to operate as an informed client in all aspects of estates and facilities activities to required industry standards, procuring in-house or contracted resources as necessary.
- To have overall responsibility for ensuring mechanical and electrical design work related to existing and new build projects, including the appraisal of contractors design drawing are carried out to the current regulation and industry standards, including reactive and planned electrical works.
- To support the development of design strategies around BREEAM, and all related sustainability deliverable to achieve carbon net zero by 2030via the implementation of innovative energy saving appliances e.g., lights, heating, Photo voltaic cells (PVCs), etc. ensuring the latest technologies are incorporated within all development project where applicable.
- To support the Deputy Director of Estates and Facilities in the ongoing development and updates to Estates and Facilities Department resources to ensure that adequate and accurate information is available via the CAFM system matters such as physical condition, plans and surveys, legislation compliance, functional suitability, and space utilisation, whole life cycle costing and back log maintenance are reportable via this system.
The post holder will have considerable experience of managing a multiskilled estates and facilities department, including experience of supporting a significant campus wide masterplan development and managing a large annual capital and revenue budget.
Applicants should have a degree qualification in a relevant construction related discipline such as project management, building surveying and or mechanical and electrical. Have excellent organisational skills and good interpersonal and communication skills are all essential requirements of the role. Relevant experience in the Education sector and a good knowledge of working with financial spreadsheets and ideally AutoCAD skills would be advantageous.
In return, our client is offering a salary between £53,000 & £61,000 per annum plus a generous package which includes opportunity for flexible working.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact Scott Linnen for an informal conversation.