Graduate Teaching Assistant - Maths, English & Science Required
Days: 5 days, Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Pay: £75 - £90 per day
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a recent graduate in the following subjects - Maths, English or Science? Or do you have a relevant HE qualification? Do you have a passion for seeing others succeed? Are you seeking long term employment?
LTF have partnered with a Secondary School located in Birmingham to source a Maths, English & Science Interventions Tutors to begin ASAP for the new Academic Year. The role will involve supporting students in KS3 and KS4 (GCSE focus) within a specialised subject on a 1:1 and small group basis. The school are looking to employ a candidate who will work closely with the relevant Department to devise and deliver bespoke subject focused intervention sessions.
The school are looking to appoint someone who:
- Is a competent tutor with at adequate tutoring experience
- Has an understanding of supporting pupils on a 1:1 and small group basis
- Has excellent communication skills and can build relationships quickly
- Is capable of leading small group interventions and facilitating progress effectively at both KS3 and KS4 levels
- Will be reliable and consistent staff member
- Is dedicated to working with students in order to raise attainment
The main duties of this role are:
- Working within KS3 students to develop numeracy skills
- Working with KS4 students in preparation for examinations
- Delivering content on a 1:1 basis with students falling behind target
- Leading small group intervention sessions, focusing on rapid progress
- Liaising with subject teachers to devise effective improvement strategies
If you feel you would be the right fit for this role, then please apply through submitting your CV. If you are a successful applicant, you will be contacted by James Cullingworth to arrange the next steps in the progression of your application.