With 85 years of experience, Osmose proudly serves the electric utility and telecommunications industries across the U.S., helping enable the delivery of safe, reliable and affordable electricity and communications services to millions of customers nationwide. We are the industry leader in wood and steel structure condition assessment, life-extension and rehabilitation services. Our mission is to accurately inspect and mitigate aging infrastructure in a planned, programmatic manner that minimizes owner costs while maximizing benefits.
Headquartered in Peachtree City, Georgia, with satellite offices in Atlanta, Buffalo-Depew, Syracuse, Boston-Westborough and Secaucus, NJ, the Osmose footprint extends throughout the country. Our employees are inspired to perform each and every day by our core values of integrity, customer focus, safety, respect, excellence, flexibility, efficiency and ownership. Our staff and field personnel represent some of the most tenured, well trained, and innovative professionals in the industry.
We are currently seeking a GIS Analyst for our Depew, NY office. The GIS Analyst will be responsible for coordinating and processing various tasks within the GIS Team such as developing configurations and processes to prepare customer data for import to our system. This position will be hybrid with office and remote work schedule.
- Develop configurations and processes to prepare customer data for import to our system.
- Import, process, and validate customer provided data for import into our system.
- Communicate with customer as needed to resolve data issues.
- Utilize tools provided to build deliverable import/export configurations.
- Communicate with other members of the team to determine custom deliverable requirements.
- Generate data reports as requested by internal or external customers.
- Build custom spatial tools to provide support for delivery teams.
- Work with internal and external customer to develop automated spatial solutions for delivery creation and data processing.
- Assist in providing training, coaching, assign tasks and monitor quality and quantity of work for GIS Technicians.
- Track and report on the processing status for each customer.
- Adhere to quality assurance standards.
- Contribute to other projects, plans and teams not specifically noted above, to achieve the goals of the Company.
- Be trained on other teams tasks to provide support and transition within the Delivery Group as needed.
- Extensive knowledge of GIS software, Arcmap, ArcCatalog ArcGIS Pro, QGIS and other GIS software.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Online
- Working knowledge of geoprocessing scripts, preferably Python
- Strong understanding of database concepts.
- Highly proficient in MS Access, Excel, and Word.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to learn processes, procedures, and software independently and quickly
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work varied hours when needed.
- Must maintain a satisfactory attendance record.
- Embrace core values of the Company
- Commitment to supporting all Company policies
- Ability to travel up to 10% as requested.
Come grow with us! Full-time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical Insurance and Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, Critical Illness Plan and more!
- 401(k) with excellent company match
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, floating holidays)
Osmose is an Equal Opportunity employer. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet