£45k - £55k
We are recruiting for a Programmer to join a software development company that builds reporting platforms and dashboards for the smart transport industry - these include management KPIs, geographic data mapping and passenger demographics - which can seamlessly integrate with the customers' existing infrastructure.
The successful Programmer will be working as part of a small team predominantly based in the Waterlooville office and will support end to end development of a range of products for the smart transport industry.
The role will major in the use of Angular 5+ TypeScript development, C#, SQL and T-SQL.
Previous full Software Development Life Cycle experience essential including:
- helping customers shape their requirements
- delivering and implementing the software to meet customer needs
- on-going personal support to help the system evolve in line with business processes.
Previous experience of analysing complex, large data sets and translating findings to easily understandable business language.
Experience of playing a senior role in a data and software environment, mentoring others, working collaboratively, planning and monitoring workloads to manage work-packages delivered into a fast-paced programme across customers.
Your key responsibilities as a Programmer will be:
- Support customers in the expression of business requirements for their data and system needs aligned to their business processes.
- Production of requirement and solution design documentation.
- Produce technical and user facing documentation, including data models, business requirements, high level and low-level technical designs, configuration, and usage guides.
- Test, analyse and resolve software issues with a strong "fix first time" ethic.
- Provide structured deliverable plans with regular updates on progress to your Line Manager, Architect and/or Project Manager(s).
- Provide direct customer support in usage of the systems, configuration options, advanced data analysis, bug fixes and enhancements.
- Analyse big data sets and provide relevant transformation and enrichment software to expose meaningful patterns to the customer.
- Travel to UK customer sites when required but mainly based on-site with the team.
The Programmer role is perfect if you are/have:
- Ideally proficient with SQL Server T-SQL, Angular 5, TypeScript, Git, SSRS
- Have a working knowledge of Azure/AWS may be beneficial
- Have an IT-based or related qualification or significant and demonstrable development experience
- Demonstrate an organised approach to time management with good administrative skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving but unafraid to ask for help
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple demands
- Lifelong learning ethic with thirst for knowledge in our industry
- Self-managing and driven to achieve outcomes using software and data as the vehicle
In return we are offering:
- £45,000 - £55,000 (dependant on experience)