Permanent, Full Time
We're currently working with a rapidly expanding global business that can offer an evolving and dynamic company environment in which staff quickly develop and flourish. This PE backed business is undergoing significant positive changes currently, and very much on the acquisition growth path. This is in turn creating great opportunities within the team, including this newly created role. This is a great prospect for someone looking to work closely with an experienced European Financial Controller on driving the business forward to the next phase and having a key impact on the finance function.
As part of an established, effective Finance Division, this individual will support the European Financial Controller in leading and managing of month end and statutory financial statements and reconciliations. In addition to preparing reports, responsibilities include, managing and coaching the Finance Teams, compliance, monitoring, internal controls, closing the accounts on a monthly basis to a high accuracy and analysing financial data to varying degrees.
- Assist with creation of monthly financial reports.
- Responsible for reconciliations of the company G/L's in the UK & EU.
- Assist with integration on acquisitions, both with existing teams and existing systems and preparation of opening balance sheets and accounts for these acquisitions.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported in line with statutory guidelines and best practice
- Assist the Financial Controller, Europe, to establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with individual country government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with external Auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Assist with the UK consolidation of statutory accounts. Preparing and reconciling elimination schedules.
- Prepare the VAT partial exemption returns
- Assist with the development of financial initiatives within the company.
- Assist with the implementation of systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to senior management with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the Financial Controller, Europe in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
- Assist with preparing earn our schedules and Calculations of these accruals.
- Assists with periodic operational audits to discover areas of weakness in controls and devises ways to increase efficiencies
- Work with staff performance programs and appraisal systems
- Assist and prepare the annual budgets and forecasts
- Be excellent in managing data through Excel and Business Intelligent tools
- Prepare accurate financial information to the Executive Team and Heads of Department working closely with Department Heads to ensure that weekly, monthly and quarterly financial management information is generated accurately and on time and they understand how to interpret
- Prepare the intercompany schedules in the absence of the Finance Supervisor and Senior Bookkeepers.
- Ideally AAT level 4 or part qualified accountant (negotiable)
- Preparing financial statements, management and statutory
- Have a full understanding of FRS 102 and IAS standards, UK GAAP, IFRS
- Strong experience in income statement analysis
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables
- Strong organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John Ltd for more information