Family Nurse Practitioner Instructor
Apply now () Job no: 512484
Work type: Instructional Faculty - Temporary/Lecturer
Location: San Jos
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Temporary, Part Time, Faculty - Health Sciences
The Valley Foundation School of Nursing offers a Masters degree, in the concentration of Family Nurse Practitioner. This is one of two graduate programs offered in the School of Nursing. The program will eventually be integrated into the Doctor of Nursing Practice program for a terminal degree. The program is 2.5 years (including summer).
Brief Description of Duties
- Teaches Family Nurse Practitioner Course Content
- Collaborates in maintaining Program and Course Outcomes
- Participates in program level meetings
- Collaborates to design or modify course content and teaching strategies
- Follows the syllabus as the basis for instruction
- Conducts face-to-face teaching on onsite days
- Follows minimal teaching expectations of faculty (grading, office hours, etc.)
- Faculty evaluator for site supervision of clinical students
- Organize classes within the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS).
- Conduct all classes as scheduled throughout the entire semester or term, in the mode assigned and listed in the schedule of classes (i.e., asynchronous, synchronous, bichronous, in-person, or hybrid).
- Demonstrate awareness and experience understanding the needs of a student population of great diversity in age, abilities, cultural background, ethnicity, religion, economic background, primary language, sexual orientation, gender identity, and academic preparation through inclusive course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.
- Updates course requirements according to National Guidelines
- Coordinate with healthcare practitioners and preceptors
- Assists with locating clinical sites for student practicum
- Documents, organize and gather accreditation data
- A graduate degree in nursing or a related field.
- National Board certification as a nurse practitioner or advanced practice nurse.
- California RN Licensure and a California Nurse Practitioner licenses (NP) or APRN, recognized by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Five years of nursing experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills and cultural competence.
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
- Course candidate /faculty should have experience in didactic and clinical instruction beyond patient education/preceptor roles.
- Family Nurse Practitioner certification
Campus Security Authority
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and CSU systemwide policy, the faculty coach member in this position is subject to ongoing review for designation as a Campus Security Authority (CSA). Individuals designated as Campus Security Authorities are required to immediately report Clery incidents to the institution and to complete Clery Act training as determined by the University Clery Director. Questions regarding CSA designation and training can be sent to the Clery Director at .
Salary Range - Commensurate with experience within ranks established by the CSU Salary Schedule () .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of at least three (3) or as many as five (5) references
The work for this faculty position is located in the State of California. Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Proof of immunization against COVID-19 or proof of a medical or religious exemption and compliance with testing protocols is required for employment. Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
This appointment is governed by the appropriate rules of the University, by the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), specifically CBA Article 21 or Article 40, and by the rules and regulations of the Trustees of the California State University (CSU). The University reserves the right to cancel or modify appointments based on department and student needs. This appointment is for special sessions or summer employment, not for state supported academic year (AY) employment. This appointment carries no guarantee of reappointment.
San Jos State University: Silicon Valley's Public University
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley one of the most innovative and diverse regions in the world San Jos State University () is the founding campus of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system and the first public university in the West. The 2020 Most Transformative University in the nation according to Money Magazine, San Jos State is an essential partner in the economic, cultural, and social development of Silicon Valley, the Bay Area, and California. SJSU is a top-200 school nationally in research funding and second highest in research productivity in the CSU system. Cutting-edge research, combined with world-class scholarship, student-centered learning opportunities, and experiential and interdisciplinary programs, allows SJSU to provide transformative opportunities that advance the public good locally and globally.
San Jos State enrolls more than 36,000 students many are historically underserved, and around 45% are first-generation and 38% are Pell-recipients. SJSU is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander (AANAPISI) Serving Institution. The universitys commitment to social justice extends from its vibrant, inclusive campus to an international network of over 275,000 alumni. As such, San Jos State is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty so our disciplines, students, and community can benefit from different and divergent cultural and identity perspectives.
Equal Employment Statement
San Jos State University prohibits discrimination on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Caste, Color, Disability, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Expression, Gender Identity, Genetic Information, Marital Status, Medical Condition, Military Status, Nationality, Race, Religion, Religious Creed, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sex Stereotype, and Veteran Status. This policy applies to all San Jos State University students, faculty, and staff as well as University programs and activities. Reasonable accommodations are made for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Note that all San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San Jos State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at or by email at .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at or by email at .
Advertised: July 22, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now () Refer a friend