Embedded System Software Engineer - 6 months - Cambridge/Remote Your new companyA world leading technology company.Your new roleWhat will you be accountable for?
- Software design and implementation of reference firmware for processors and systems
- PCIe host controller driver to develop a bare-metal C code driver to enumerate a Xilinx host controller with USB and Ethernet Endpoints
- Software stack development to enable IP. This includes implementing HALs, drivers, connectivity, security, power and control components
- Board support firmware using STM32 Cortex-M4/M7 microcontrollers.
- Create and maintain automated test methods to ensure we supply high-quality products
What you'll need to succeedRequired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent C skills with specific experience of Cortex-M (M4/M7) based microcontrollers; some assembly skills are desirable with proficiency with the GNU toolchain and/or Keil.
- Theoretical and practical skills in structuring code bases for expansion, maintainability and testability.
- Developing embedded low-level software drivers for Cortex-M MCU for PCI Express Xilinx FPGA based host controller and end points.
- Real hands-on experience of working with embedded microcontroller-based hardware, including system debugging and the use of test equipment, i.e. oscilloscopes.
- Practical development using embedded microcontroller RTOS (e.g. Keil RTX), including developing device drivers, ideally with standard APIs such as CMSIS.
- Experience in applying unit, integration, and system test methods to embedded software.
- Knowledge of common hardware interfaces, USB, SD Card, Ethernet, RS232, SPI, I2C and drivers
- A creative and structured approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent written and spoken English; can write coherent documentation.
"Nice To Have" Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of other languages, such as shell, Perl, Python, Java.
- The deployment of test methods within automated CI build environments, e.g. Jenkins.
- Working with version control and project management/bug tracking systems such as SVN/Git and Jira.
- IDE and compilation technology, e.g. Eclipse and Keil MDK.
What you'll get in returnAn excellent opportunity to work for a world leading technology company.What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Finding the right role takes careful consideration - and we're just the life-long partners that can help you on your journey towards success. Here with you every step of the way - we can connect you with opportunities that match your priorities and goals. Because at Hays, we're Working for your tomorrow.