Here at Hobbycraft, we are looking for an Ecommerce Visual Merchandiser to join the team based at our Head Office in Christchurch. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis working Monday - Friday, with our core hours being between 10am and 3pm (we are flexible with start and finish times). In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,000 to £25,000 per annum, plus a pension with 4% contributions and many more benefits!
Creativity is Hobbycraft's reason for being, so when you join our fantastic team, you will be surrounded by like-minded imaginative people. We believe that working together and embracing new and innovative ideas are the best way to make our colleagues feel part of something.
What can we offer our Ecommerce Visual Merchandiser?
- Competitive Salary
- 25% Discount Card for Hobbycraft Stores and Haskins
- Hybrid working policy - 1 day a week WFH
- Free Onsite Parking
- Dog Friendly Office
- EV Charging Point
- Free Hot Drinks
- 33 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays with an increase each holiday year
- Birthday Day Off
- Company pension contribution - up to 4% contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by Retail Trust
- Cash Health Plan with Health Shield
- Contribution towards eyesight test and glasses
- Subsidised gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long service awards and gifts
- Continuous training, development, and performance management
- Colleague Wellness Programme
- A creative working environment
- Colleague Social Events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas events
About the role:
The mission of the Ecommerce Visual Merchandiser is to execute an effective online merchandising engine that ensures products and categories are presented to customers in an inspiring and commercial way, based on data and industry trends. You will work closely with our Product Content Manager, Site Search Manager, Digital Design and Content Manager as well as our partners in Buying to bring to life our product assortment for our Knitting & Crochet and Sewing & Haberdashery Categories on the Hobbycraft website in a consumer-centric way.
Your responsibilities as our Ecommerce Visual Merchandiser will include:
- All on-site merchandising, implementation, and ongoing management of the site Merchandising for Knit and Stitch
- Ongoing management of site taxonomy, and attribution, working closely with the wider teams to ensure we're offering relevant products and categories in the most shoppable way in-line with SEO requirements
- Planning and execution of strategies for category management and optimisation, setting and testing rules to improve performance
- Producing weekly and monthly reporting & analysis on site performance, in-depth category and product performance and highlighting opportunities and underperformance along with actions to deliver results
- Work closely with the teams to execute the website calendar, promoting products and collections in line with the wider marketing teams strategies monitoring and reporting on performance
- Competitor research and suggestion of possible site improvements / a/b tests to improve key website metrics
- Ensuring we have a best-in-class website and identify issues and snags - reporting anything to the dev team to fix
- Using tools to study customer behaviour and identify improvements to the customer journey
What we're looking for in our Ecommerce Visual Merchandiser:
- Ideal role for an individual with hands-on proven experience in online retail.
- Strong organisational skills - able to plan and allocate resource for multiple categories, products and projects and develop working practices to ensure continued process improvement.
- Customer focussed with a proven track record of considering customer journeys and applying customer and campaign insights to merchandising decisions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and influence delivery and change
- Analytical, numerate and results orientated with good commercial and KPI understanding and experience using Google Analytics
- Fast learner, with an ability to work at pace and adapt to change in a fast-paced retail environment with tight deadlines
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, click 'Apply' now to be considered as our Ecommerce Visual Merchandiser - we'd love to hear from you!