Hello, nice to meet you! We're Hireup, an online platform, and community for people with disability and their families, anywhere in Australia, to find, hire and manage local support workers who fit their needs and share their interests. We are growing our community nationally, so now is the perfect time to join the team.
We truly care for and invest in our support workers. Through employment, training, great pay, and ongoing support, Hireup is committed to delivering the best support possible for people with disability.
- Flexibility and work-life balance: Work the hours you choose, accepting support shifts that fit within your schedule.
- Fair Pay: Hireup follows the disability services industrial award, which means pay rates are guaranteed and determined annually. Our pay covers penalty rates for higher wages when working nights, weekends, or public holidays, as well as overtime. We also pay superannuation and long service leave (where applicable) to support the long-term financial security of our workers. A current chart of the pay rates will be discussed.
- All care: Taking care of our employees ensures that they can do their best work. We provide paid training for support workers to access learning opportunities and develop their skills. Plus there are extra opportunities like support worker conferences and Hireup events.
- Full responsibility: Our employees are never on their own. Our support workers have access to a suite of insurances covering all shifts worked on Hireup, including workers' compensation. We have a dedicated employee support team to help our employees get the most out of their job, and 24/7 incident response if anything unexpected happens on shift. We take responsibility for working conditions and employee wellbeing.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities: Paid training for a quality disability support workforce. With over 100,000 learning modules completed, Hireup pays workers for essential and specialized training.
At Hireup, you'll become a critical part of an exciting team, championing this purpose for people with a disability. Whether it's support with personal care, getting to work or catching a footy game, we give individuals the tools and technology to pursue a good life on their own terms - a life of choice, independence and control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific duties that you will undertake as a support worker will be set and agreed by the person you support or their family. You are invited to reach out to people seeking support where the job description appeals to you.
Hours/Days of Work:
Hireup promotes flexibility and ownership of your work schedule in agreement with the individual or family you are providing support to.
The skills required to complete the job will vary depending on the needs of the person seeking support. Please ensure you put as much information as you can about yourself on your online profile, highlighting your experiences, hobbies and interests. This way, people seeking support/their families will have a good sense of the skills you bring to the role and can determine if you are the right support worker for them.
If you have experience in the following areas, support work may be a great career move to consider as your next opportunity: aged care / aged care worker; mental health support worker; personal care assistant; residential support worker; community support worker and community services; social worker; youth worker; nursing / nurse.
Hireup is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic to keep our community safe and supported. For more information on our COVID-19 response, please contact us.