UPMC Horizon - Greenville is hiring a Diagnostic Technologist to join the Imaging Team! This full-time role will work variable shifts with no travel required. Shifts every other weekend and on rotating holidays is required. This position will require learning and performing non-contrast head CTs. Candidates with mammography experience are encouraged to apply! This position is also eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! Sign-On Bonus Details: $10,000 sign-on bonus available Candidates hired into a sign-on bonus eligible role will be asked to make a two-year work commitment. Purpose:
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes. Responsibilities:
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Administers PO and rectal contrast per physician orders/department policy
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs diagnostic radiography procedures utilizing established protocols/procedures without requiring constant supervision.
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, manipulation and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement to adjust protocols and shows initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic radiography purposes.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient?s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Performs limited CT procedures.
Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology or verification from ARRT approved school of completion of program and scheduled graduation date. Technologists hired before graduation will have indirect supervision by an ARRT certified diagnostic technologist until the degree is verified. Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
ARRT Registry eligible as a Radiologic Technologist. Must obtain radiography registry within 12 months of hire date. CPR or BLS RequiredCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
Employee must obtain required CPR/ACLS/PALS/NRP certifications within 1 year of hire/transfer
- ARRT Certificate
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran