Apply for this job now
Culinary Artist - Cook
- Spokane, Washington
- Job Type
- 7 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
ETHIC - Excellence, Teamwork, Hospitality, Integrity, and Compassion - steadfastly characterizes our mission to continually enrich the daily lives of residents. We practice these principles with every task and interaction, from personal caregiver assistance to mowing the grass. At Touchmark, we say:
I AM AN ALLY • I AM A FRIEND • I AM A GIVER
Touchmark on South Hill is Spokane's leading full-service retirement community, enriching the lives of residents and their families through five-star hospitality, services and amenities Bring your passion for food and art to a very appreciative audience in Spokane's premier retirement community! We are seeking the right person to work alongside a passionate culinary team who delivers the best in dining services to our residents, as a Culinary Artist-Cook.
As part of the culinary team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a high quality full service active adult retirement community. You will be part of the team responsible for educating residents and team members about healthy food options, getting to know a community of wonderful people, and helping to ensure that we always maintain the Gold Standard in all aspects of cooking, food preparation, and presentation. Your commitment to preparing and delivering the highest quality food, product standards, sanitation, and safety will ensure that every person's dining experience is extraordinary, every time.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be committed to and passionate about 100% customer satisfaction
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid food handler's card
• Have at least one year's experience working in a high-volume kitchen
• Be willing to work weekends and some holidays
• Enjoy working both independently and as part of a large team
• Speaks, reads and writes English in order to understand and follow directions and written orders
Be able to lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds and stay on your feet for long periods of time
• Maintain a positive and professional attitude when dealing with residents, family members, visitors, and team members
Touchmark is dedicated to providing the best for our residents, and it all begins with providing the best for our employees. That's why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to our team members who work 30+ hours per week which includes:
• Paid time off (including holidays)
• Health, dental, and vision insurance plans for employees and eligible dependents
• Education assistance
• Bonus and retirement plans
• Health care, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
• On-Demand Pay allows you to access pay as you earn it
• Employee Assistance Program
• Supplemental insurance options
At Touchmark, we have the privilege of providing a safe home environment for residents. With this in mind, we require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. A copy of the vaccination policy will be provided upon request.
We are looking to hire individuals whose values align with ours and who believe in doing everything they can to lead by example in safety, compassion, and empathy. If that sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
Check us out at .
We're growing. Are you?
- Job Reference: 706115629-2
- Date Posted: 7 September 2022
- Recruiter: Touchmark
- Location: Spokane, Washington
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type: Permanent